User Id :    Password :      New Member   Forgot Password

Social Networking Website in ASP.NET - Open Source Project
Description The attached project is an open source social networking Web application project written in ASP.NET 3.5 and C#. Some of the features are for creating profiles, searching users, making friends, chatting and communication.   No. of Views     18136
  Rating     4
Author Rahul Saxena   Posted On     23 Jun 2011
Tags ASP.NET,.NET 3.5

Sample Code   Download Code

This is an open source project named as RNetworking. In this project I am showing a social networking web site functionality. In this you can make your profile, search other profiles by name, manage friend network by sending friend request, you can also chat with other users.

I made this application in .NET 3.5 and my database is in SQL Server 2008. I have my database in application folder App_data. To run this application just attach this database on your machine and change the connection string in App_Code -> DataBaseClass.cs. This is my database layer class.

Now when you run the application, the first time the login page will show. If you have already registered with the site, then enter your Email id and password and the application will redirect to your profile page. And if you don't have an account then click on Not Registered Yet ?. This will redirect you to registration  page.

You can use: user id:       4rahulsaxena@gmail.com
                    password:   rahul

This is the login page.

Image 1.

Below is the registration page.

Image 2.

This is user detail page.

Image 3.

From the top of the page you can search user. This is search result page.

Image 4.

By clicking on user image you will be redirected to your user profile. You can send friend requests to any user from his profile page and you can chat with this user. The page will look like this:

Image 5.

The profile page will look like below when friend request is sent to any user.

Image 6.

From here user can accept friend request and deny friend request. If user accepts request then this user will show in right side in friend section.

Image 7.

Thanks,

About Author

About Author Rahul shows great interests in working with Microsoft technologies. He specializes in the implementation of DataBase & Graphics. His area of expertise includes: C#, ASP.NET,ADO.NET,Windows Forms & Web Services. He hails from background , Master's in Computer Application. With programming he loves photography, traveling and reading books. Rahul Saxena
No Photo

Country India
Company N/A
Home Page N/A

Rate this article

Rating options from poor, fair, good, very good to excelent.

Comments

Posted By Prashant on 14 Sep 2011 at 11:59 AM

rahul..can u send me the database tables description. so that i can open it in sql server 2005..plzzz.

send it to me on gang.prashant@gmail.com.

Posted By Annonymous on 02 Sep 2011 at 09:00 PM

Holy concise data baatmn. Lol!

Posted By Bebeto on 05 Aug 2011 at 08:11 AM

I have some problem with the connection to the database, could please anyone to show me an example for the connection? I mean the lines to put in DataBaseClass.cs file public DataBaseClass() { // // TODO: Add constructor logic here // } I leave the database in App_Data folder. Thanks

Posted By Dslasher on 26 Jul 2011 at 04:24 PM

This really simplifies the process of friendship in a social network, a topic i'm researching for my next web project.

Posted By Suraj on 19 Jul 2011 at 12:10 AM

can Anyone help me to 'how to run this project' Actually i'm a student, and i'm new to this web Based Application... So plz tell me the overall procedure to run this this project, including visual studio, and sql

Posted By Abhi on 14 Jul 2011 at 06:56 AM

it's awesome dude.......thnx for those codes...

Posted By Prashant on 12 Jul 2011 at 06:38 AM

i tried ur application on sql server express edition 2005. now i failed to connect with ur database files taht are .mdf and .ldf. plzzzzz instruct me to connect with ur database. plzzzzzz.

Posted By Rajneet Kaur on 06 Jul 2011 at 09:29 PM

hello..i have started to work on same aaplication , but now not geeting that how to send friend request to other person who is registered , u have helped me alot ,now to proceed further i need ur help...plz,guide me how send friend request , tell me table content , and code for this task..thankxx

Posted By Rajneet Kaur on 06 Jul 2011 at 09:23 PM

hello....on ur this idea , i hv strtd same application .now m not geeting idea that how to send friend request to other person who is registered..plz guide me...thnku so muchh...u have helpd me alott.futher yo proceed , and reach on destination i need ur help...plzz...

Posted By Ami on 06 Jul 2011 at 11:09 AM

hi rahul nice article wel i have one query hopes u fix it when u reach priyanka's scrapbook from ur own profile how u enable a delete link in front of ur scrap.......

Posted By Ami on 06 Jul 2011 at 11:09 AM

Posted By Rahul on 05 Jul 2011 at 01:19 PM

Thanks Gyan for appreciating my article.

Posted By Gyan on 04 Jul 2011 at 10:21 PM

Thanx dude for providing such material with explanation. It'll help lot to the beginners.

Write your comment here.